Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching without email notification

Geerten Doornenbal August 1, 2017

Hi,

I do not want any e-mails from Confluence, however I do want to use the notifications panel.

All the options in the e-mail settings are disabled, but I only can stop watching things, but then I lose the notifications.

Why is a simple thing like this not possible?

Regards,

Geerten

2 answers

0 votes
Keeley Sorokti September 13, 2021

It is very important to be able to watch spaces and pages so that when I go to the Notifications bell in Confluence cloud, I can see activity from my watches. I watch a lot of spaces in Confluence and do NOT want to get emails for all of the activity happening in these spaces. I help employees at our company understand how to best set up and use tools in our digital workplace. One of the goals is to reduce email and just work in the tools themselves. It looks like I will need to tell them to set up an email filter that moves all Confluence notifications into an archive folder if they, like me, do not choose to get email notifications out of tools like Confluence but still want to track on certain pages/spaces in the notifications watch this. This is an unnecessary workaround. 

I wonder if my advice will now be to install the mobile app and click on the Activity stream in order to see what is happening in Confluence? Is this the only way to see new activity if I am NOT watching a space or page?  

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

Most email clients have some mechanism for setting up email rules. You could setup a rule to delete the emails when they come through.

Geerten Doornenbal August 1, 2017

Yeah, I know but that is not really the most elegant solution..

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

It is really the only way to do it. When you watch a page/space/person you are telling the system you want emails when content is updated.

Geerten Doornenbal August 2, 2017

No, I'm telling the system I want to watch it...The way I am notified of changes is a different thing!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Hi Geerten,

there is a suggestion ticket for that: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-26672

Maybe you want to vote for or discuss the issue there.

Like Keeley Sorokti likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events