Watched calendar not sending event notifications

Weston Rossborough August 25, 2017

I have a Confluence calendar that I am watching. The Calendar pulls events from a service desk project using a JQL query. This query displays issue within the project when the reach the Awaiting Implementation status in the project workflow. When an issue gets added to this calendar I want to receive a notification. 

Calendar.png

Calendar events are showing up successfully, but I'm not getting any notifications for it. My account settings in Confluence are set so that I'm notified of my own changes, and I'm a system administrator in both Service Desk and Confluence. I also get notifications if I delete the calendar to recreate it. 

DeleteNotification.png

Is there something I'm fundamentally missing here? Or, do watched calendars not function this way?

1 answer

0 votes
ǥøƀɏƀɨꝁɇ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Hey Weston, 

The first thing that I can think of would be a subscription to the filter. It may not be real time, but you can set the intervals to get notifications by the hour, for example.

Outside of that I am not sure if there is a way with JQL to trigger a notification, since it's not a user action.

Sincerely,

Greg Keefer | Atlassian Support

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

@ǥøƀɏƀɨꝁɇI am facing this issue right now. My user is looking to get notified whenever someone makes a change to her team calendar. when I click on the ellipsis by the calendar name I don't see on the menu watch calendar. We are on Confluence  6.1.1 and Team Calendar 5.3.20

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events