Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to make images in confluence article enlarge when clicked so users can see detail?

Dale Stephenson May 6, 2021

Is it possible to make png images in a confluence article enlarge when clicked so users can see the detail in the image?

1 answer

0 votes
Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Sure, once you have published your page, when someone else looks at it, they will be able to click on the image and open it in a preview window.

Sorry, that's not the case with the articles we have produced. We are using the cloud version.

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Hmm... that's very odd. I'm the Cloud PM who looks after Media - and it really should be opening in a preview window.

Not sure what timezone you are in (I am in Sydney) but if things matchup feel free to find a time and we can try to figure it out https://calendly.com/owallis

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2021

Howdy NZ! Think I may see the issue. The above is built via Jira Service Management - which is not fully using my Media components yet (Confluence are).

Let me ping one of the JSM PMs to this thread to see if they know a workaround.

Howdy Aus...from a Brit! Thanks Owen, that's great. Cheers 

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2021

Hi @Dale Stephenson I heard back from JSM. This is a known issue they are planning to fix in the next quarter.

p.s. I'm a Brit too, small world!

Like Dale Stephenson likes this
Dale Stephenson May 10, 2021

Thanks Owen, you escaped the rain also ha!

Like Owen Wallis likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2022

Hello @Dale Stephenson ,

I'm reaching back out to you on this because I was discussing the functionality with our product team working on the updates that include this feature and we now have an Early Access available for a better render experience of Knowledge base (KB) articles in the customer portal for customer accounts that fixes a lot of the issues in the kb view to bring the viewing experience in line with the current confluence experience including the image and video preview popups.

There are still a few known issues that are getting ironed out in the early access such as smart links not rendering the page title and only showing a direct hyperlink, the header anchor links will redirect to confluence vs staying in the help center if a customer opens a header link in a new tab (these are the links to a specific header section of the article, so a customer may encounter a page not found error unless that have access to confluence), as well as the Column Layout macro  renders columns vertically as rows rather than horizontally as columns.

However, these known issues should be fixed really soon, and the product team wanted me to reach out to you to see if you would be interested in signing up for the early access so you could test this out on your site and provide feedback on the experience.

Just let me know and we will get things rolling.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events