Voting in a Confluence Answers

Hi,

We are experimenting around with "Questions" for Confluence, and would like to be able to create a question that consists of a vote with 3 options.. Is that possible somehow?

I get to insert the vote macro, but when trying to vote Questions shows a "There was a problem casting a vote. Returned status: error, error: Internal Server Error"

When editing the property of the vote macro, it shows error:

"There is no metadata configured for this macro which means no configuration screen can be presented here.

4 answers

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 05, 2016

No one can possibly know what votemacro you're referring to, since you've quite clearly indicated it's a custom User Macro. Also, I am not positive your two errors are connected in any way, shape, or form. Confluence complains about meta data if you don't define any, in a custom user macro. If you haven't completed the requirements, it will complain. Now, your server error is different - com.atlassian.confluence.content.CustomContentEntityObject cannot be cast to com.atlassian.confluence.pages.AbstractPage The code is bad. It's not doing something that's possible. Perhaps this works on Pages but not Questions, is that what's wrong?

You are right, sorry about that. I clarified the question a bit just now, and showed how it can be reproduced. So it's not a custom user macro. I opened a case with atlassian who claimed that they did not manage to reproduce the error i see, making me assume it should work with the current version i use.

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 07, 2016

I am under the impression that confluence questions doesn't support all macros for some reason or another. A quick search here found a lot of relevant discussion here on this Answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/262516/problemserror-with-macro-as-part-of-an-answer-in-confluence-questions The next step is to find a hug in the issue tracker that covers this. ;)

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 07, 2016

Err bug

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published 6 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

66 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you