Viewing large files in confluence

Kon Galanis October 21, 2021

Hi all,

I am looking to use confluence as data point capture of Excel documents created by my team in confluence (server). I then want to merge these Excel documents together in one location (same Space is ok) so that my team users can view the combined excel documents in one central location.

I have figured how to place merge the excel documents through the use of the Table Excerpt, Table Excerpt Include and the Transformer macro, however as the total size of our files is over 45MB (made up 22k row x 63 columns), I am having issues viewing the data in the output page.

The combined excel file mentioned above will be required to be used by 100+ users.

My question is as follows, is their a way we can view the total combined records in one section on confluence, so that our squad members and management users are able to:

1. Filter and review the combined records to get meaningful insights.

2. Produce management reports.

PS, there is no appetite for spending any money on new macro's (we have a suite of existing macro's), I'd rather use existing macros otherwise we will use another platform.

Thanks

Kon

1 answer

1 vote
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2021

@Kon Galanis

maybe our iFinder Search Macro (part of iFinder Confluence Search) will help in your case. This macro will show a dynamic result list direct on a confluence site - based on a previously created, defined iFinder search. The contents of this list can consist of completely different Confluence areas. This articels will give you more background informations:

Let me know, if you have some question or looking for further informations.

Best

Robby

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

iFinder it's probably the best search finder in confluence.

Kon Galanis October 23, 2021

Thank you @Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_ and @Fabian Lim for the suggestions.

It looks like my organisation does not have the iFinder macro as an option. I can suggests it, however they will default to SharePoint as an option cause it is already available. If you could point out some differences and benefits Confluence has over SharePoint, it might make the conversation possibly easier.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2021
Like Kon Galanis likes this
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2021

Hi @Kon Galanis ,

Just an additional information:  iFinder is also availabel for SharePoint and many more applications. For example, you can search and find SharePoint content in Confluence. And vice versa - you can also search & find content from Confluence in SharePoint.

Like Kon Galanis likes this
Kon Galanis October 25, 2021

Thanks Robby, 

I'll look into that. Much apricated

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events