Viewing confluence (cloud) videos in Jira

Chris Butler January 18, 2021

I am creating a knowledge base in confluence (cloud) to be viewed in Jira. So far, so good but I'm having trouble viewing a video as an embed.

I inserted the MP4 video into the confluence page using the picture icon in the top toolbar. It looks and plays fine until I look at the page in Jira where is appears as a text link that opens in a new browser tab. The video loads fine in the new browser tab but I want to appear as an embedded video in the main page.

Things I have also tried without success:

• Embed as YouTube video (will not connect to YouTube with short or full link)
  • Embed as a gif (looks fine but the user has no control over playback)
  • Embed as iframe (appears as broken link)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hello there @Chris Butler Great to know that Confluence and Jira are treating your company right!

After I read your description, I am lead to believe that your situation falls under the Suggestion reported here:

The request has been filed last year, so it is quite new. It describes your situation exactly:

“the video is shown as a link that, when clicked, opens a new browser tab, reproducing the video.”

Currently, the best approach is to vote and watch the report. Let us hear from you!

Chris Butler January 19, 2021

Thanks. I've upvoted and followed the issue.

Like Diego likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events