Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewable page exclusive

Ernie Jennings August 27, 2019

I want to make the service catalog viewable by everyone in technology, but no one else (whether they be logged in users not in technology, or not logged in viewers).

Is there a clean way to do that? Seems like some user groups exist, but are often very out of date.

Wasn’t sure if there were any AD syncing capabilities, or another way to accomplish this outside of manually adding a hundred people. Any viable solutions?

Currently we are using Confluence Internal Directory.

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Ernie,

You can restrict the page/s by only giving access to individuals or by group. If you do not trust the group route, use the other. Below is a link on how to restrict to individual users.

page restrictions

Victor

So I understand how restrictions work :-) I think what we are asking is if we had, say an IT group in active directory. Could we somehow use that active directory group in Confluence?

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Ernie,

You'd create the group in crowd, then give the group confluence access. You'd then use the group in your page restriction or in your space.

Victor

Thanks Victor for your time. We don't have Crowd. So there are no other simple solutions I take it. I wanted to send this out to the community before I took it back to the user.

Thanks and I appreciate it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events