View wiki markup in 5.xx

How can I view wiki markup in version 5.X

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello John, Confluence has changed to XHTML since version 4.X which enabled a series of new features in the application. If you want to get to code view detail, you can use the source editor, which will show you the tag blocks.

Here is a page for posting your feedback about the changes, if you would like.

edit: You can still insert wiki markup by choosing "Insert > Wiki Markup" from the editor menu. Source

In other words, you can't. There is no wiki markup, it's gone.

Hi Guilherme,

Great instructive answer. I love full answers with good information that lets me choose what outcome I want. Thank goodness for fellow wiki answerers like you. Keep up the good work.

Please keep an eye out for more of my questions. I want answers from you.

Great job.

Thanks

John

I found this article that explains why it's not possible and the reason that wikimarkup was removed:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/11/why-we-removed-wiki-markup-editor-in-confluence-4/

I don't know of any add-ons which allow anything beyond that, but there could be some in the future.

Cheers,

Bernardo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

523 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you