John Pfotzer July 4, 2013

How can I view wiki markup in version 5.X

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2013

Hello John, Confluence has changed to XHTML since version 4.X which enabled a series of new features in the application. If you want to get to code view detail, you can use the source editor, which will show you the tag blocks.

Here is a page for posting your feedback about the changes, if you would like.

edit: You can still insert wiki markup by choosing "Insert > Wiki Markup" from the editor menu. Source

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2013

In other words, you can't. There is no wiki markup, it's gone.

3 votes
John Pfotzer July 4, 2013

Hi Guilherme,

Great instructive answer. I love full answers with good information that lets me choose what outcome I want. Thank goodness for fellow wiki answerers like you. Keep up the good work.

Please keep an eye out for more of my questions. I want answers from you.

Great job.

Thanks

John

2 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

I found this article that explains why it's not possible and the reason that wikimarkup was removed:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/11/why-we-removed-wiki-markup-editor-in-confluence-4/

I don't know of any add-ons which allow anything beyond that, but there could be some in the future.

Cheers,

Bernardo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events