View permission problem

Alexander Hildebrandt December 3, 2012

Hello,

I'm running Confluence 3.5

I permitted another person to view a whole space and tried to to delete my view permission. As soon as I save the new settings and open the permission menu again, I'm still in the list.

I only want the other person to view the space. How can I solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Hildebrandt January 21, 2013

Not solved, but thanks for trying.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

hi,

can you add a screenshot snippet from the permissions you've set?

screenshot uploaded.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

hmm even if i use parent restrictions i am able to remove myself from view restriction....

try removing all restrictions for that page and save it. then only add the user you want to have view access

also have a look at this

note this line

You cannot exclude yourself

As creator or editor of a page, you cannot use page restrictions to deny yourself access to the page. Confluence will automatically add your username into the list of users/groups allowed to view/edit the page. If you remove your username, Confluence will put it back again.

Hi,

what do you mean with parent restrictions?

Following your advice, I had removed all restrictions and just added the user I want to have view access. No success, I was automatically added to the list with view permissios

According to your link: I haven't edited nor created the page.

What do you mean with parents restricitons, same as inherited restrictions?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

What do you mean with parents restricitons, same as inherited restrictions?

yes i.e. from a superior page.

but what you are describing sounds really odd...

could you try removing your restriction from inside "space admin/restricted pages"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events