Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Videos on confluence page uploading correctly, playing skinny?

I am creating a video archive page for our company's meetings (screen recordings from Teams, downloaded from Microsoft Stream). I download the videos and upload them on the confluence page - they all upload correctly but when you go back to the page ~30+ minutes later, some of the videos are skinny. The 'skinny' version is shown both in edit and published mode and even when you play the video, it plays a 'squished' version of the original.

I went ahead and deleted them all, and re-uploaded them one by one and let them finish uploading before publishing. They all  uploaded fine, I even watched a video or two after uploading, went back an hour later and they're skinny again. 

Here is what they should look like: 

Normal version.jpg

Here is what 6/ 20 of them look like: 

Skinny version .jpg

2 answers

I am having the same issue uploading a Microsoft Teams video. I found this bug request here: CONFCLOUD-69899 .

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Sep 14, 2020

Hello @acalhoun !

As I understand, videos that are uploaded to Confluence have their aspect ratio broken after some time.

With this in mind, I tried to replicate this behavior. I used a .mp4 file. The resolution is 1687x720.

I tested with the minimal size possible and also the maximal size. Both settings worked as expected. Here is what they look like in both Edit and View modes:

View mode:

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 14.59.48.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 14.59.58.png

Edit Mode

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 15.03.41.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 15.03.54.png

I used Firefox 80.0.1 on macOS 10.15.6.

With these results at hand, I would like to ask you a few questions. Here we go:

1. Is this present regardless of browser being used?
  2. Is this happening with all video files?
  3. What is the file format for the affected video files?
  4. Is this happening in all pages that contain video files?
  5. What happens if you clear your browser cache?
  6. Do you have browser plugins that may interact with content present on pages?

First thing we can test is if this behavior is present regardless of browser being used.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🎨 Add some visual life to your templates

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...

210 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you