It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Videos distorted when uploading to Confluence Cloud

Hi,

We're having some difficulties when uploading MP4 files to a Confluence Cloud document. 

These videos have been captured on iOS devices, both via the default iOS screen recording function and a third party app, and then copied over to PC - when initially publishing the page after inserting the video file via the Multimedia macro, it appears normally, however upon refreshing the page the video is 'squeezed' together and difficult to view.

We've got a workaround at the moment but it's pretty cumbersome, and won't suffice for the number of files we expect to insert to our pages.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Craig and welcome to the Community!

It looks like you may have found a defect with the product. From reviewing your issue, I was able to find a created bug report similar to your issue. Could you please review this bug request and see if it is mirroring your reported problem?

Here is the bug request: CONFCLOUD-65653

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Hey Stephen. 

It looks like that bug request covers the issue we're experiencing.

Thanks

Craig 

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

@Stephen Sifersnot sure if this is relevant at this point, but in my case I am seeing the video preview with vertical "cell phone style" dimensions, despite the oririnal video being horizontal. Its size is not reduced to thumbnail, but still distorted.Dimensions.PNG

I have the same problem, I just had to upload the recorded workshop as a file because it does not work directly. This is quite a bummer, it ruined my template design for e-learning.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you