Version Control

I'm looking for some ideas for version control in Confluence.

Our situation is this: We are using Confluence for our customer-facing documentation. We plan to make our site available to anonymous users (our clients) but want to use the comments section on the page for internal review by named users without having those comments visible to the anonymous users. We've not found a way to do this in Confluence. We've tried Scroll Versions, but it is very buggy and crashes other parts of Confluence. I am not sure the functionality we need exists there, either.

We thought we had solved the problem with separate "draft" and "production" spaces, but links and images don't play well when moved from one space to another and Atlassian has said that this is "expected behavior."

I am wondering how everyone else handles version control and, in particular, retention of comments that accompany a page review.

TIA!

2 answers

1 accepted

Atlassian sent an email asking me to either accept an answer (there are none, unless you count not using Confluence as an answer), edit my question (not applicable) or close my question. I see no mechanism for closing the question so if TPTB would like to do so, please do.

Q: Elise writes, " ... I am wondering how everyone else handles version control and, in particular, retention of comments that accompany a page review..."

A: I'd suggest migrating to Microsoft Sharepoint.
This tool is a *combination* of both (a) A Wiki and (b) A Document Managment System (DMS).
A D.M.S. will, intrinsically, handle the Use Case you describe. Good luck and best wishes.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

69 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you