cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variables dissapear when hitting "enter"

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Template

Hello,

not sure what I'm doing wrong, but following the documentation and trying to insert a variable in a new template doesn't work.

When adding variable the prompt shows me: $__ (1) and when I add location(2) to the grey area and hit enter (exactly as mentioned in the documentation) that is supposed to be the area to add the variable name. The entire field disappears. The only thing I'm left with is a $ sign without my variable name.

step 1:
image2016-8-18 14:47:25.png

step 2:
image2016-8-18 14:48:16.png

step 3 (after hitting "enter"):
image2016-8-18 14:49:12.png 

What am I doing wrong?

(I'm using Confluence 5.10.3 with Chrome)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

It's a bug that has been around for a while. You have to make sure that you are typing in the slightly lighter gray section next to the $. The best way is to type "$" in the body of the editor and then start typing the variable name. Don't use the button in the toolbar to add a variable. When you use that button your cursor is not placed in the slightly grayer(don't think that is a word) section and then you end up with all sorts of issues.

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2016

I've seen that this only happens in Google Chrome. In Edge I don't have this problem. The cursor remains active at the point where you create the variable.

Thanks Davin!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events