Variable disappears when added to table cell in template

cristov_russell April 15, 2021

I've created a template and added several variables to it successfully. When I add a variable to the cell of a table and then save the template and then edit it again, the variables in the cells are removed. Is it not possible to use variables inside tables?

2 answers

0 votes
Tiffany Long May 19, 2021

I was having the same issue. For my use case, I am making a custom Product Requirements Template. I want the "Status" to be from a Variable list. Status is part of the table in the header. I have tried changing the global template and creating a new one from scratch, no matter what I do the variable will not show in the table cell. And also, like Cristov, It looks like it will work when creating the template, but after you save it and try to use the template it is gone.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hello there @cristov_russell!

That is a curious behavior. I tried to replicate it but had no luck. All my variables are still within the template.

With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions. Here we go:

1. How are you naming your variables?
  2. How many variables are inside tables?
  3. Are there multiple variables inside the same cell?
  4. Are there variables outside the table?
  5. What browser are you using?
  6. What version of the browser are you using?

Also, Is there any error thrown when you save or during the editing process of the template?

Let us hear from you!

cristov_russell April 19, 2021
  1. I've given each variable a unique name using alpha characters and underscores.
  2. I've tried adding just one and I've seen this behavior. 
  3. No
  4. Yes
  5. Chrome
  6. 89.0.4389.128

No errors are displayed.

Subsequently, after posting this, I've now seen this behavior outside of a table as well. 

Like Lauren Cooper likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events