Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPS Specs for dragon install

John Williams February 23, 2014

If I do a full dragon install on this VPS, will it be ok, assuming they don't excessively oversell? This is for 1-5 people use.

VPSDime - Linux VPS

4 vCPU (shared)

6 GB Memory (possibly shared)

30 GB Storage

VPS will be restarted automatically if the load is 4 or more for one hour, or 2 or more for 2 hours.

Does Linux install go more smoothly than Mac/Windows? I gave up on Mac, and will probably give up on Windows.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2015

Hi John, 

When you mean dragon, are you  mean Confluence, JIRA, Stash, Bamboo, and Fisheye on the same server? If so, I believe you will have issues related to performance, even to 5 users. Sometimes, is not only the number of users you need to think, but also which plugins are you planning to install. This kind of resource usually requires more hardware. 

In My opinion, for a small environment, you can setup 1.GB of memory for each application and more 1GB for the operation system, then you will need 2GB of memory for each application. Of course you could try less, but you probably will face performance issues, specially VPS has shared resources. For storage, I recommend you to have 10GB for the Operation System (at least), but I believe 30GB after sometime might not be enough. 

However, if you are planning to use this VPS only for testing and learning process, I believe you can try but if you are planning to use this for a production environment, would be better you think in a dedicated server with more resources. 

Lastly, Linux will have a better performance since you can install this with no interface graphic (ok, windows core you can do this as well, but I think Windows requires more hardware to run). About MAC, some applications are not supported on MAC OS, like Confluence. 

I hope this helps. If do you have other questions, just ask smile

All the best, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events