Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using variables with CSV Plugin

Patrick Toy December 17, 2012

I'm not sure if this is possible, however I would like to use a variable to store the filepath name of the CSV file being rendered by the CSV plugin.

For example, I have a task set to run in which a report is generated in CSV format. The report that is generated appends the current system date in the format DD_MM_YYYY_HH_MM_A(P) to the end of the filename. I would need to be able to use the Run plugin (or something similar) to set and update a Confluence variable to match the newest filename and present the most recent report.

If this is possible, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Yes, you should be able to use the run or run-now macro to retrieve the $current_time and the dateFormat parameter to get a format matching your naming convention. An alternative is to write a small script (groovy) to get the most recent file in the directory. Use cache macro to improve performance.

Patrick Toy December 17, 2012

Alright, and how would such a variable be passed to the CSV plugin? Would I precede it with a '#' the same as I would with a standard filename or is there some other syntax?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Something like:

{run-now:dateFormat=...}
{csv:script=#filename$current_time}
{csv}
{run-now}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events