Using the Document Theme as the site default causes problem with the Browse and Profile dropdown menus

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

I am testing Confluence 3.5.13. When setting the site to use the Documentation Theme as the default, the Browse and Profile dropdown menus, on the dashboard, become transparent and the Add Page button interferes with making selections in the dropdown menus. We have not customized the theme and have no customizations in the layouts or stylesheet. This issue only presents itself in the Documentation Theme.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Issue was caused by the Subspace plugin. Once disabled, the Document Theme works as expected.

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2012

Hi JT,

The documentation theme is great, but it does have CSS which seems to override page elements it shouldn't (see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20248). One element to suffer are round rectangles, for which we developed the following solution:

<script type='text/javascript' language='javascript'>
// Fix for background:transparent in documentation theme
jQuery(function(){
  jQuery('.roundrect > tbody > tr').each(function(){
    var $this = jQuery(this);
    var color = $this.attr('bgcolor');
    $this.css('background-color', color);
  });
});
</script>

This needs to go at the end of the head region in the custom html page in Confluence admin. Now that's just for roundrects but you could try adapting it for the menu you mention. Do you know Firebug? That will help you inspect the element to understand its class and other attributes, and tweak the javascript above.

Hope that helps.

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

Thanks Charles. I have added the above to our instance.

I am not familiar with Firebug or javascript but, I will give it a go.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events