Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using non default domain accounts to access resources

William Fairbrother October 15, 2019

My company uses on prem confluence and jira.

We have SSO enabled and people from certain groups can access certain pages.

We use our local domains I think via LDAP to grant access to allow access to pages.

Currently we have for example user@tibbles.com which is allowed to access resources in the tibbles.com domain based upon membership within a local windows AD domain, and another external domain which is granted privileges within that domain.

I am interested in finding out how using Azure B2B guest capability changes things as the login name for a 3rd party is different from the usual @tibbles.com domain which I understand permissions are based upon.

As a confluence admin I'd like to invite and allow user@spartacus.com to look at the same pages as other tibbles.com users.

Also I'm interested in finding out about how a @tibbles.com user can be migrated to use an @spartacus.com name without using Jira history.

Overall as a user story we would like to use Azure B2B guest functionality which will allow multi tld / domain users to consume confluence (and Jira).  I'm not au fait with any things that may have been configured within this service right now but a working example of how this can be achieved would be amazing help would be appreciated.

This may require a new instance of Jira, moving to Jira cloud or retrofitting changes to Jira, guessing, and I'm looking for a Jira manual online now :)

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events