Using jtds 1.3.1 sql driver with Confluence

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

Confluence ships with the 1.2.2 jtds driver. This was released in 2007 and there is a newer one 1.3.1 that was released in 2013. Does anyone know if there is a reason Confluence ships with 1.2.2? Has anyone tried using the 1.3.1 driver? If so, thoughts? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

Hey Davin,

The reason why we do not ship that driver version is because it was not fully tested with Confluence, we do have a feature request and if possible please vote up for the feature and add your thoughts in there so we can increase it's relevance:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26834

For your second question, as a MSSQL Server user, I used that driver in a couple scenarios and I did not had problems on Confluence. The main reason I used that driver version was to make Confluence to connect on MSSQL using windows authentication.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

That JIRA ticket seems to me to be about support for Microsoft's driver. I am referring to the jtds 1.3.1 not Microsoft's driver.

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Apologies, I used the jdts driver over the microsoft driver for so long that I basically see jtds driver asif it were the official MS driver :p. I raised a proper feature request to address that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34872

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events