Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iframe in an user-macro

Martin Kellner May 26, 2014

I would like to use an iframe to have an alternative pdf preview:

- If I hardcode the src the pdf opens in the iframe.

<iframe src="${config.getDomainName()}/download/attachments/${content.getIdAsString()}/${paramPDFattachmentName}" > alternative text </iframe>

- If I use the variable construction as shown above I get a dialog box to select between "save" and "open with" for the pdf in Firefox. The pdf is opened externally in the reader. If I use Chrome the pdf file is downloaded.

Is there any way to make it open in the iframe?

The Adaptavist inline macro has the same behavior but you have to use the complete url. The html macro works, but the syntax is more complex for "normal" users and you also need the complete url.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Kellner June 30, 2014

Hi Wayne,

this doesn't help either.

I use variables to feed the src-argument. If I use a fixed source url it already worked in the pass. There is also another problem if you have whitespaces or e.g. brackets in the filename and you pass the filename through a parameter. I had a testfile that has both of this characters and it failed before the open file dialog opened for displaying the pdf in an external viewer.

Regards

Martin Kellner

An addition: The PDF preview is in confluence 5.5 much better than it used to be in 5.1. So I stopped working on this topic after updating our system.

delete it September 29, 2016

Hi,

can't contact you directly. Could you show example how to use variables to feed src argument?

Martin Kellner September 29, 2016

The example is in my original question ... you can see it as the first message on this page. But it didn't work.

delete it September 29, 2016

Thanks Martin,

I'm trying to build blueprint template that could be use for release notes for multiple teams to help with reports creation ... it does not goes as smoothly as I'd like to wink

1 vote
Pedro Rodrigues June 24, 2014

Hi,

The Link Preview (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xpandit.plugins.linkpreview-confluence) is a great Confluence Utility. You can preview PDF documents, images and webpages.

Try it now.

Best Regards,

PMRodrigues

0 votes
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

Hi Martin,

You can refer to this document here for your iframe configuration:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+put+an+Iframe+into+Confluence.

But I not yet tried out on user macro, maybe you can test it out and let's us know about the result :)

Good luck!

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events