Using Team Calendars for scheduling

Having been drawn in by this post: https://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/12/team-calendars-3-timeline-view/

we have recently started to use Confluence and Team Calendars as a compliment to Jira and I have a few questions about it's scheduling capabilities.

I have set up a custom field in Jira so I can set a start date for each issue as well as a due date. This enables the timeline view to work nicely. However:

1. I see that even if an issue has an estimated time of 4 days you can still resize it to 1 day in team calendars - is there any way of preventing this? Seems a bit of a flaw otherwise.
  2. Ideally issues would come up in a different colour or something when they are resolved - is this possible? I guess a work around could be to use a JQL filter to hide resolved issues from the calendar
  3. Similar to my first point, ideally as the remaining estimated increases / decreases in Jira I'd like to show this in the calendar timeline - is this possible somehow?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 vote
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Apr 30, 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback/questions. At present, for the three issues you've outlined, there does not appear to be a workaround or solution at this time.

That being said, I went ahead and submitted a feature request based on these suggestions.

That ticket can be located here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-1366

Note: You can comment, vote and watch the ticket for subsequent updates.

Sorry I could not be of more service.

Cheers,
Jason | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,896 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you