Users can not download confluence file attachments

I have users that can not download file (.xls) attachments from a Confluence page. 

The users have browse access to the page, no other permissions are granted. The files are included in the page as links. If they can see the link/file, shouldn't they be able to download it?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello JT,

It sounds like its an issue with some of your configuration. There may be some kind of proxy in the way that is not allowing for this. More information would be helpful as we are currently shooting in the dark. I suggest you take the time to contact support for help as this could be solved faster. You can create a ticket by going to https://support.atlassian.com

To increase the speed of resolution I suggest you reproduce the issue, and generate a set of logs for support to review.

Please zip the following and attach to this ticket:
* <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
* <confluence_install>/logs/ (anything recent in this directory)

The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

Or better yet, please create a support zip at Confluence Admin>Atlassian Support Tools>Support Zip and attach it to this ticket.

-Regards,
Tin Nguyen | Confluence Support.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,925 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you