Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users are not found in Confluence

Rumceisz August 15, 2012

Hi All,

there are some users that are existing in Confluence but when I add their names on a page the Confluence doesn't recognize - I mean the names won't get hyperlink. Other usernames get hyperlink.

We use Jira 5.1.2 and Confluence 4.2.3

Why is that?

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hi Rumi,

Could you please confirm that the users have their own personal space? Usually the it got linked to the user that has personal space, and it linked there.

Cheers

Rumceisz November 5, 2012

It didn't work

0 votes
Jonathan February 2, 2016

This also helped solve the problem for me:

go to Browse > Confluence Admin > Cache Statistics and "flush all"

even without disabling the LDAP first.

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

Also you can try this approach in dropping (disable) the LDAP direcotry and create again, then finally sinchrozine...after that go to Browse > Confluence Admin > Cache Statistics and "flush all", so I believe in this way may update all users in Confluence.

0 votes
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2012

Rumi,

Are you maybe seeing this bug? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-6404

The workaround is that you have to visit a user's profile page so that they will be added to the index, and so can be listed in search results.

Cheers,
Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events