User skill graph

me January 17, 2021

Hi

I install “Linchpin User Profile” and create custom field for user skill on the profile.

Now how can I read all user profile fields and draw diagram with Graphity?

E.g. imagine users add “Linux” as their own skill, Graphity read that data and create digram that show “Linux”in center and connect it to all users have this skill?

Any idea?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

We do not have this feature at this point. You can try to build it via our API though.

If we built a direct integration with a diagramming software, it would most likely be the leading solution in the marketplace which is draw.io (marketplace entry).

Linchpin just released a new feature for structured charts within the User Profiles app, that may help you with a workaround however. This is more than just org charts.

Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

The structured charts are new. It may take until the next release until you can use them. (just heard that from our dev teams)

Like me likes this
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

The docs for the structural charts in Linchpin Profiles have been updated. #checkitout Does that help?

Like me likes this
me January 19, 2021

Hey Martin,

Thank you for answer,

1-when next release available?

2-is it handle cascade fields?(i use cascade field for skills).

3-as extra feature show users certificates like linkedin on their profile.

4-as extra feature is it possible to consider weight for graph?
e.g user1 Linux = Expert  

User2 Linux = Basic

draw tick line for user1, and thin line for user2

5-you mention about draw.io, is it possible create direct way (e.g through Linchpin API) that draw.io or graphity read data from Linchpin user profile field and show it as graph? 

Thanks,

Like Martin Seibert likes this
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2021

1) The feature will be available with the very next release. The Linchpin Update (in German) is tomorrow, where these features will be presented. As far as I know, they are planned to air in early February. You can watch our marketplace apps for Linchpin Profiles, Linchpin Essentials, and Linchpin Intranet Suite on the Atlassian marketplace to get pinged directly.

2) Don't know. You'll have to ask our support here.

3) We do not have this feature at this point, although I like the idea of beefing up profiles with things like this. You could create an issue in our Linchpin canny board. That's the place for feature requests.

4) Same as 3.

5) I wished, the answer was yes. But we're not there yet. Same as 3. But as we run both products this is naturally part of our thinking often. At the same time draw.io has another level of scale and both products have different agendas at this point.

Hoping that helps. Will ping the team. Maybe someone wants to chime in. But I cannot promise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events