cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User migration on confluence

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

I have a problem with user migration on confluence and i need your opinion.

I have around 500 users on confluence with internal directory and i want to migrate these users to delegated LDAP authentication.

Another issue i have is that these 500 users have usernames which are different from their corresponding LDAP usernames, so even if i change the directory type to delegated, they wont be able to authenticate against the LDAP.

What do you recommend?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2014

Hey Rahul,

You could setup a test instance and try follwoing the steps in mentioned in below post:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/298928/migrate-users-to-new-user-directory-confluence-5-4-4

Just bear in mind that to follow above steps the names would need to be exact the same, which I believe is a small price to pay to do the migration.

There also one thing we could try to migrate the proper permissions from one user however you would still need to follow above procedure.

Let me know if the above helps.

Thanks and Regards,

David|Confluence Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events