Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User management for Confluence Cloud

Monika Spelters January 11, 2018

I found this article regarding how to manage Password security for JIRA (Server solution), but I did found nothing how to manage Passwords for Confluence Cloud solution

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/manage-password-security-861253177.html

How can Confluence (Cloud solution) Password security be configured by customers for their Projects?

Is there documentation available (maybe for customer Administrators of Confluence Cloud tool)? Is it maybe the same process as described in above mentioned article for JIRA?

Did I understand it correctly that you there are no possiblities to set an experation date for Passwords (e. g. Password is only valid for 3 months)?

Thank you very much for a short answer.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

If you are using the standard off-the-shelf Atlassian accounts, then no, you can't configure the passwords.

This is because the accounts do not belong to your organisation, they belong to the users, and are used for all Cloud systems.  I use one Atlassian account for access to around 30 Atlassian stacks my clients have.

Monika Spelters January 14, 2018

Hello Nic,

thanks for the answer.
I agree with you because normally a user is a "personal user".

I was just wondering because I found a remark regarding "managed Users" in an article and for them it seems to be possible to set a Password policy  (also in the Cloud).
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-account-for-users-873871199.html

Do you know something about how to create "managed User" for Atlassian Cloud?

Minika

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events