Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User directory - internal/external groups

Jiří Wetter January 6, 2014

Hi, we have connected our Confluence instance to external LDAP server with more then 2000 groups. It's very inconvenient to work with too many groups. Is there possibility to show only internaly created groups? I'm not intrested about external groups. Thanks for advice.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014
Jiří Wetter January 6, 2014

Hi Peter, I dont uderstand how it can solve my problem. I need to "hide" all external groups and display only internal. Make "fake" group scheme isn't clear solution for me. But thanks for reply ;-)

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014

Hi Jiri,

are you using LDAP only for authentication and confluence for the group management?

If so then I think you could simply create a group schema query that will return no groups from LDAP, this should still leave the internal groups available.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2014

Hi Jiri,

I'm glad you found a workaround, but you're correct this should be a simple checkbox in the configuration.

You could make a change request about it here : http://jira.atlassian.com

Best regards,

Peter

Jiří Wetter January 7, 2014

Hi Peter, I did it as you said. I added prefix fake for every key in group scheme and it works, but as I said it's no clear solution for me. It's just workaround. I think that Atlassian should implement simple button "hide external" for internal groups management purposes. Thanks for help and your time.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi Jiri,

You a re correct, it is possible for you to make sure Confluence doesn't retrieve any groups from your LDAP server by using a fake parameter in the search filter which will result to no group will be retrieve by Confluence. For example:

(&(objectclass=group)(cn=dummyValue))

I understand your point of view and I proceed to create a new feature request for you here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32159

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events