User account was deleted and I need to transfer the JIRA tickets but cannot

Jean Pyronneau January 16, 2019

JIRA user's account was removed and I now see some of the tickets he created with either the assignee or the reporter listed as  FORMER USER. 

FORMER USER is not a searchable naming convention and my team and I are stuck. Help

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

Dear @Jean Pyronneau,

Jira doesn't allow to delete users that are assigned at least to one issue. So the user must have been removed from another LDAP source.

I remember a couple of years ago to fix this problem by creating a user with exactly the same username in Jiras internal User DB. Then these issues where 'claimed' again and could be found.

No guarantee if this still works.

So long

Thomas

Marco Sacchi March 29, 2019

@Jean Pyronneau you can try with:

• a JQL query for that tickets using removed keyword:
    assignee = removed OR reporter = removed
    NOTE: this query returns all tickets for all removed users.
  • you can manually search for a ticket reported by the removed user or assigned to removed user and hover the "Former user (inactive)", you will see the message box below, that give you the way to get all tickets assigned to the removed user:

image.png

@Thomas Deiler Jira, at least Jira Cloud, allow to delete users with assigned tasks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events