cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a portion of Page Title in a User Macro

Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

We have some pages being created from templates where the title comprises a customer name and variable length ID separated by a hyphen. For example:

ACME Widgets - ABC123

I would like to use the ID portion of the title in a user macro. I'm not a developer but I do know that I can use the page title with $content.getTitle(). What would be the syntax used within the user macro for isolating the ID from that title?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

No guarantees, but you can try these methods:

var getID = str.substr(str.indexOf("- ") + 1);
IDVar.split('- ')[1]
[^- ]*$
Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2016

Thanks you put me on the right path. This is probably not as elegant as what a developer could do, but seems to work:

#set ($idRegex = "^.+-\s")
#set ($pageTitle = $content.getTitle())
#set ($custID = $pageTitle.replaceAll($idRegex, ""))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events