Use Confluence for translation activites

e April 16, 2012

Hello folks,

we are currently using Confluence since a few months and we're very happy that we purchased this collaboration tool. Now i'm facing the requirement or i'm thinking about if it is possible to perform translation activites with Confluence.

My problem is that we are an international operating organization and we'll have to translate several texts (like press releases, newsletters, etc. in-house). We use Confluence as our big collaboration platform and my question is, do anybody of you handle such translation activities right within Confluence?

I'm interested in any helpful idea how to realize that, even if i have to implement a plugin on my own, use an existing plugin - even for workflow descriptions - every comment is welcome ;)

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
e April 16, 2012
Hey Ellen, i just checked your plugin, but thats not a 100% what i intended. My problem or requirement is that i have a bunch of translator employees and different kind of texts which should be translated. Your plugin performs the translations itself, doesnt it? So i would need a possibility to enter the reference text in a reference language and then a simple action/workflow for the translators with maybe a specialized UI for the translation processing, so i am not sure if your plugin can give me an assist at this point :/ cheers, Andreas
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

The current one, you are correct does not. Please stay tuned.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

AppFusions has active efforts underway for Enterprise Translation for Confluence - for exactly the needs/use case you describe.

It's not a hobby project (instead, customer fueled) and 1.0 is targeted for release before Atlassian Summit.

It takes our SpeakMyLanguage plugins to a whole new level, with persistence, editability, higher translation integrity, endless language support, workflow, and more..

Please contact me at info@appfusions.com if interested and we will get you going in our early beta group.

Best,

Ellen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events