Uploading jpg files into Confluence

I am new to Confluence. When I have uploaded Word documents that contain jpg files, and then look at the
images in Confluence after upload,  those images are not as sharp as the image that was uploaded from the Word document–it is sometimes hard to read text or get exact detail. 

I am getting a fuzzy looking picture. Is there a way to prevent this?

1 answer

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 22, 2014

Not really. Ideally, the goal would be to create real wiki pages instead of uploading Word documents and displaying them in the wiki. If you really need a Word document then you can export the real wiki page to Word or if you need a less editable version then you could export to PDF. Confluence does a fair job of rendering Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Acrobat files, but it isn't any of those programs so it cannot do all of the features of those programs.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

107 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you