Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload JavaDoc into influence

Edmond Sovoo September 10, 2014

Hi guys

I have generated a JavaDoc for my project and wanter to insert it into confluence.

As you know, once you create the JavaDoc for a project, to get a folger with a bunch of file along with the an index.html file. If you click on the index.html file, you then can browse through the classes documenations of your project.

I would like to upload the generated folder into Confluence so that people will be able to browse through just as I do on my local machine.

Is that possible with Confluence?

Best regards

Edmond

1 answer

1 vote
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

Hi Edmond,

We host the Javadoc files in our Confluence installation. Our Confluence instance is accessible to registered users only and this way the same applies to the Javadoc files.

We do the following:

• Put the Javadoc in a folder under <confluence installation directory>\confluence\ApiDocs
  • Modify <confluence installation directory>\confluence\WEB-INF\classes\seraph-paths.xml, add the following:
    <path name="ApiDocs">
        <url-pattern>/ApiDocs/*</url-pattern>
        <role-name>confluence-users</role-name>
    </path>
  • Modify <confluence installation directory>\confluence\WEB-INF\decorators.xml, add the following
    <url-pattern>/ApiDocs/*</url-pattern>

From Confluence you can now add a link to /ApiDocs/index.html to show the Javadoc files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Geert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events