Upgrading to 7.3.x soon. On 6.9.x. How was your end-user transition experience?

Patrick O_Connell April 16, 2020

Good day.

We have been on Server, by the way, and that's not changing. By the way, I have much sympathy for those I've seen on here that are frustrated with Atlassian puts out many announcements that are specific to Cloud, and almost none about Server.

I'm an end user, by the way, not a server admin.

We're staging the 7 version, and when I compare them I'm seeing remarkable little difference. I'm guessing that why my employer is upgrading has mostly to do with back-end stuff.

In terms of information out there actually from Atlassian that relates to our transition, the best I've been able to find is:

Confluence 7.0 beta release notes 

and

End of Support Announcements

I think a jump from 5.x.x to 7.x.x. has been more common, but if you can speak to the transition we'll be making from an end-user point of view, please reply here. Thank you.

Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer
MindGeek Montreal
P.S. Searching community forums...so few results per page, can't change, GAAAHHH!, amirite?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

Pat,

We also use server and will not be moving off of it.  The best place to find out what changes have been made are in the release notes.  You are correct in that there have only been subtle changes made for the end users in the last few server releases.  There have been some great enhancements for maintenance and performance.  You can check out all the changes here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-release-notes-327.html  

Patrick O_Connell April 17, 2020

Brant,

What I was looking to know was not so much on the page for which you gave the link, but it did link to pages that did have what I was looking for, more or less.

Thank you!

- Pat O'Connell

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events