Upgrading from 7.5.2 to any 7.13.x

Alec Burton December 8, 2021

Currently, I have a self-hosted server running 7.5.2 and we're looking to upgrade to the latest LTS. We have an expired license August 2021. Is there a way that I can upgrade to a newer version without migrating to the cloud?

Edit: We run out of a docker-container and when I go into the upgrade assistant I see that I'm on the recommended version.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Alec Burton , welcome to the Community!

You should be able to renew maintenance on your expired license (at the same user tier if it's a Starter license) through http://my.atlassian.com . The way the perpetual Server licenses work is that you're entitled to any version released while the maintenance was still active. You can check the downloads archive page for exact dates - for example, Confluence 7.13.0 was released on August 15. This version of Confluence contains the fix for CVE-2021-26084 , although a separate advisory for unicode control characters was released recently, and you'd need to upgrade to 7.13.2 to mitigate that. I would suggest renewing and then upgrading as well!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

Alec Burton December 8, 2021

Hello @Daniel Eads

When I tried to go through the renewal process I was met with a prompt saying that:

Renewal is unavailable
There are no renewal options available for this license at this time. If you need help, please Contact us.
I've reached out to support through the Contact us and will wait for a response.
Thanks!
0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

Are able to renew your maintance for your server? I know they stopped selling new licenses, but not sure whether once your mainatance lapse that is is or not.

If you can, then I suggest renewing so you can then upgrade.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events