Upgrading from 2.10 to 4.3

Bron February 10, 2013

I am upgrading confluence from 2.10 to 4.3 .

Is there a need for me to upgrade the supported platforms also as I incrementally upgrade or can I just incrementally upgrade my confluence and then migrate from weblogic to tomcat etc

All answers are much appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2013

Yes. You need to update the platforms as you go.

Your upgrade of Confluence needs at least two steps: 2.10 -> 3.5 -> 4.3. I'd use the highest recommended and supported versions of the supporting software in the docs for 3.5 and 4.3

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

I would like to recommend to migrate from weblogic to tomcat first, and then proceed with upgrading Confluence, as the support for weblogic has been dropped. As Nic said earlier, please upgrade to 3.5.x first then proceed with Confluence 4.3.x, this is caused by the user management changes in Confluence 3.5 and above. In the transition of upgrade of 3.5.x, we would like to recommend you to upgrade to latest version of 3.5 which is 3.5.17, so that you will be upgrading to Confluence that has less problem than its prior version before upgrading to 4.3.x.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2013

Yes, I should have said that - I'd recommend moving off weblogic as the very first step, as you can then use Confluence-on-Tomcat as supplied by Atlassian's standalone installation which is a LOT easier to step through upgrades

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events