Upgrading and Migrating both JIRA and Confluence : Loss of Confluence credentials

krussell101 January 8, 2013

We are running JIRA and Confluence on a single AWS server. We created this back when the only option for a small AWS server was 32-bit.

Now we need to upgrade both JIRA and Confluence versions and we want them to be running on a 64-bit host.

We've successfully upgraded and migrated JIRA. But when we upgrade and then migrate Confluence, we cannot log in to the Confluence instance. I'm confident this has to do with the trusted relationship they share in the current environment.

What is the proper procedure for our migration such that when we are done the two have a trusted relationship on the new server?

THANKS!

Current JIRA version: 4.3

Current Confluence version: 3.5

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Hi Krussell,

The necessary configuration is to modify the IP address of the new Confluence server into JIRA. This is to ensure that any connection from Confluence server machine is allowed to access JIRA user management.

Secondly, if there are any changes on the domain, Confluence's JIRA user directory configuration need to reflect this changes. If you are having any trouble to access Confluence using JIRA users, you could retrieve internal admin user to check this configuration.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

krussell101 January 8, 2013

Thank you Septa. I am not doing the work myself, a co-worker is and I think I also may have stumbled on another issue. The key to getting us out of trouble however is going to be your "retrieve internal admin user". THANKS!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events