Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 6.0.2 to 6.3.3

Ryan Luering August 25, 2017

Greetings,

I am attempting to upgrade the versions above. While the backup was taking place, I recieved an error (that I didn't write down) and the upgrade failed. 

I started the upgrade again (as admin) and contineu to get the error "Unable to determine the location of the home directory. 'confluence.home' was not found insideconfluence-init.properties"

and I can seem to get back this point.

-I restored the home directory from a point in time from earlier today, but still have that error

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

Please make sure that the confluence.home parameter is set in  <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties. If it is set, please check the file system permissions to make sure the OS user running Confluence has adequate permissions.

I am curious whether you are using an installer (.bin or .exe) or an archive (.tar.gz or .zip) to upgrade. Here are the docs for both types of upgrade: 

Upgrading Confluence

Upgrading Confluence Manually

To find out the error that caused the upgrade to fail, please search the <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log.

I look forward to hearing more about the procedure you are following, and whether defining the confluence.home in confluence-init.properties or changing the file system permissions helps the upgrade to complete.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events