Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 5.9.5

Elena_Lurye February 23, 2016

Do we need to update licenses when we upgrade to 5.9.5 (from 5.8.4) ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

No, the current license you have will work. Your license pays for the amount of users you can have, not the version of Confluence you use. You can upgrade whenever you want if you have a hosted version.

the funny thing is, the SEN number I see now on DEV after the upgrade - doesn't match our SEN number I see under our Atlassian licenses. When I try to submit a support request and enter this SEN number - I see the following message -

This license is for a different product ('plugin').

I updated license again with developer license number - it doesn't change anything...

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Try going to https://my.atlassian.com/product and getting the developer license from there. Every time I have upgraded our instance the license just carries over so I have not experienced this issue.

Tried... I reapplied the developer license again (just in case) and still get the same SEN (unknown to support)...

and this number looks like evaluation number - "SEN-L***** ", but support information listed correctly till next year..

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

I do know when I go to create a support ticket that only my production instance shows up and not my developer instance. Do you also have a production instance or just a DEV instance?

we have both dev and prod, but upgraded only dev today.

Our Gliffy diagrams don't get edited either from view mode or edit mode (after upgrade), so was submitting a support request. And noticed that our SEN is not found (when I submit a request, I usually provide SEN number)

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

I would use your production instance to create the support ticket if it works and then mention in the description that you are also having issues with the license on your DEV instance. At least this way you can in contact with someone there.

right. Alex, thank you very much for all your help!

Will wait from support now..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events