Upgraded Confluence License does not

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

Hello,

We upgrading Confluence on exiting server from 3.4.6 to 4.3.3. the license in the database should transfer at startup but i am getting request to enter license. I checked DB jar file and it is in use. Any reason why confluence is transfering the license?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

Hello,

Your idea to generate an evaluation license is a great one. It can simplify things through an upgrade greatly. The onlt bother is moving back to your original license at the end of the process.

I wrote an article on a similar issue earlier today.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Fixlicense.action+Does+not+Resolve+License+Issue+During+Upgrade

There should be a prompt to fix a license issue, but occasianlly it does not work. This is a workaround to help with these rather esoteric license issues.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2012

Hello,

I added the lines to my confluence.cfg.xml and restarted tomcat service. Still got the same message at startup asking for license.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2012

Hello,

Another thing to check is that you need to go through a Confluence 3.5.x intermediary befor jumping all the way to 4.3.3. Confluence's license is contained within the confluence.cfg.xml and not stored in the database at all.

You may be being prompted for a licesnse because you did not move your existing <confluence_home> direcotry with your install. Confluence is not a soley database driven utility. It has a filesystem component in the form of your <confluence_home>

You will need to make changes to the <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties to point to the existing <confluence_home> direcotry.

If you feel that you haev done these steps correctly I would create a ticket on http://support.atlassian.com. Please be sure to include a support.zip with your issue.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2012

Yes i checked and the confluence-init.properties point correctly to: confluence.home=E:/Conf_home

E drive is network nad has the CFG file with the license hash/message

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events