Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to: does not match on 2 different servers configured exactly the same.

Lou-Guardia November 13, 2020

We upgraded Confluence to 7.0.4 and are trying to upgrade again but if I go to Plan your upgrade on the Dev and Prod server the versions available to upgrade to are different not sure why. Both have the same DB and hardware and are on the same Confluence version. Does anyone know where this info is coming from.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

My guess is that production is suggesting the latest "long term support" release and the dev box is suggesting "latest available"

Lou-Guardia November 16, 2020

Thanks for your reply. I have a ticket open with Atlassian. I want to upgrade both to the latest recommended shown in prod (Confluence 7.4.5 Enterprise release) but just not sure if I can still do this in Dev it is not showing up. The highest Dev goes to is (Confluence 7.4.3 Enterprise release).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Those are point releases within 7.4 (the latest long term support release), I wouldn't worry too much about the slight difference - 7.4.5 can be used for both prod and dev. 

I'm not sure why Dev is showing 7.4.3 as latest, but my best guess is that you've removed its route to the internet so it can't see that 7.4.5 is latest.

Lou-Guardia November 16, 2020

After I upgraded Confluence I had to upgrade the troubleshooting plugin because the Upgrade To: drop down would not show any results and you couldn't even click on the drop down menu, that was the result of not being to access the route to the internet but that is working now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events