Upgrade problem from Conf 4.3 to 5.10

Dear support team, I upgraded conf 4.3 to 5.10 in our test enviroment. Die first start took several ours with an error as a result:

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:pluginframeworkdependentupgrades (Run all the upgrades that require the plugin framework to be available) - com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.migration.exceptions.MigrationException: com.atlassian.scheduler.SchedulerServiceException: Timed out waiting for atlassian-scheduler currently executing jobs to complete: [RunningJobImpl[startTime=1468933295820,jobId=DefaultPluginScheduler:com.atlassian.support.healthcheck.scheduler.HealthCheckRunnerImpl:job,jobConfig=JobConfig[jobRunnerKey=com.atlassian.sal.core.scheduling.DefaultPluginScheduler,runMode=RUN_LOCALLY,schedule=Schedule[type=INTERVAL,intervalScheduleInfo=IntervalScheduleInfo[firstRunTime=Tue Jul 19 14:46:44 CEST 2016,intervalInMillis=86400000]],parameters={}],cancelled=true], RunningJobImpl[startTime=1468933282905,jobId=LuceneIndexFlusher,jobConfig=JobConfig[jobRunnerKey=LuceneIndexFlusher,runMode=RUN_LOCALLY,schedule=Schedule[type=INTERVAL,intervalScheduleInfo=IntervalScheduleInfo[firstRunTime=Tue Jul 19 14:18:41 CEST 2016,intervalInMillis=5000]],parameters={}],cancelled=true]]

I don't have any clue what to do.

Many thanks 

Best regards

Sebastian

7 answers

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jul 19, 2016

That doesn't look like the entire catalina.out log, is some missing?

Can you instead also provide the application log, named atlassian-confluence.log? This is located by default in /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/atlassian-confluence.log and will perhaps be more helpful.

Can you elaborate on how you performed the upgrade?

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

Catalone log file is short but complete.

I will attach the Conf Log.

I performed the update exactly by the instructions of the confluence upgrade guide

Hello Sebastian,

It would be great if you could raise an issue on our support here.

Our support team rocks and we will be glad to help you this situation.

Best Regards,

Lucas Simon
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian

thanks for the hint. done smile

Thanks Lucas! I wasn't watching this question for some reason. cheeky

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

89 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you