• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Upgrade issue from 6.15 to 702

Hi All,

I did an upgrade but having issues on te local server local "http://localhost:8090/"   confleune is up and running but when I go to URL get  http/1.1 service unavailable.

Also on the server get a promt"Your URL doesn't match"  please Update Base URL

I did update this to match my setup and also checked the server.xml to check if our domain url is there.

please can someone assist me.

regards,

Artik

1 answer

0 votes

"Localhost" means "the current machine", and hence is only usable on the Confluence server.

You need to use the server's name (or IP address) and make sure it is set correctly in the base url as well, and possibly set a context in server.xml

If, for example, you want to run confluence under http://myserver.com/confluence:8090/, then you use that url for access, and set the same in the base url, and your server.xml will need a context of "/confluence"

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your reply, but already updated base URL in the GUI and server.xml we are using subdomain.mydomain.com but stop working after the update.

Have done a restore now support was saying i did not have permission to specific folders on the server, I logged in as an Admin but did not have permission so interesting.

Anyways will set up a test environment and then go from there.

Thanks

The question you gave us implied you were struggling with urls, so I tried to answer for that problem.  If you'd already updated the url, then there was no need to talk about localhost in the question, and I would have suggested that you check the logs next, as it's unclear what the problem was. 

A permissions problem on files usually means Confluence won't even start properly, it would not get as far as getting a url mismatch message.

So I'm very confused on what you've actually done and what the problem really is.

Let's see how you get on with your test systems!  Hopefully, that will uncover it for you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

462 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you