Upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.2.3 results in timeouts when trying to save comments.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2012

I recently upgraded to Confluence 4.2.3 from 4.1.2. I know there are changes in the ways comments are handled. However, when I try to add a comment by using the Quick Comments feature, the browser will hang for about 10 seconds and then display the following error in a little popup:

Failed to save the comment: timeout: timeout

Specifically, this happens after I enter the body of the comment and click the Save button.

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Curren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2012

Assuming your server isn't overloaded and genuinely timing out, then it sounds like there is a problem somewhere.

Is there anything relevant in either your javascript console on the browser or the server log?

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

A server restart solved the issue. All the comments I had tried to add when experiencing the timeouts were "flushed" and appeared on the page after the restart.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events