It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.2.3 results in timeouts when trying to save comments.

Matthew J. Horn Jun 13, 2012

I recently upgraded to Confluence 4.2.3 from 4.1.2. I know there are changes in the ways comments are handled. However, when I try to add a comment by using the Quick Comments feature, the browser will hang for about 10 seconds and then display the following error in a little popup:

Failed to save the comment: timeout: timeout

Specifically, this happens after I enter the body of the comment and click the Save button.

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Curren Atlassian Team Jun 19, 2012

Assuming your server isn't overloaded and genuinely timing out, then it sounds like there is a problem somewhere.

Is there anything relevant in either your javascript console on the browser or the server log?

Matthew J. Horn Jun 19, 2012

A server restart solved the issue. All the comments I had tried to add when experiencing the timeouts were "flushed" and appeared on the page after the restart.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

934 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you