Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade - but need to buy a new licence: why?

FORFIRM ITALIA SRL September 29, 2020

Hi,
I'd like to do confluence upgrade from 6.15.4 to 7.7.4

but

1) when I choose the lates one, there is a message : "You need a new license for this version of Confluence"

see attachment

But the atlassian support told me that my licence is active till march 2021...:

"Upon checking, your Confluence is paid up to 21 Jun 2021. You will be receiving a renewal quote 90 days before the maintenance expire. Complete payment options are outlined on the first page of your quote."

2) If I click on the link "manage licences", there opens a page not found

Could please someone help me for these 2 points 1) and 2) ? thanks

confluence upgrade.JPG

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

Hi @FORFIRM ITALIA SRL ,

if your SEN is licensed until march 2021, you should check in the application license settings, if you have the current license key added to the application.

You should also have a menu entry for the license in the menu on the left in the settings, please check if that works, if the direct "manage licenses" link does not work.

FORFIRM ITALIA SRL September 30, 2020

Hi, but in the site there is a message that licence was expired on june 2020

Do you know how can I request a licence and then ho put the SEN code to update the licence?

See that I need a new liceca to to shis upgrade:

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hi, you (or the one who is the technical contact for your license) can find the license code in the my Atlassian portal (my.atlassian.com) You have to copy it from there and paste the new license code in the license settings.

Hi, I have found it for confluence, but when I past in the textarea, the message is that it's not valid

1) for licence:
Your maintenance period expired on 20 Jun 2020. Renew your license to be eligible for support and product upgrades.

2) for end of life: 
The End of Life date for Confluence version 6.15 is 14-Mar-2021. To ensure you're still fully supported, you should upgrade before this date.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

Hi,

in the My Atlassian Portal should also be the end of the license. If it is expired there also, you should let the Atlassian double check it. There is also your SEN, you can check if it is the same as the one in confluence.

The End of Life of the Confluence Version is not important here. It just defines, how long you will get fixes for this version.

Like FORFIRM ITALIA SRL likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi, I have solved, thanks.
there was the serial number (not SEN) to put in a field.

Now I'm able to upgrade confluence till march 2021

thanks to all of you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events