Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Confluence from 5.10.7 to the latest version 6.3

Deleted user August 6, 2017

Hi,

We currently have Confluence on version 5.10.7 but will be upgrading to the latest version 6.3.

Has anybody come across any issues when doing this upgrade or do I need to follow the path below for upgrading to the new version:

5.10.7 > 6.0 > 6.1> 6.2> 6.3

Please advise.

Thanks

Saurab

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2017

I haven't performed the direct upgrade yet but I don't believe there's a problem with it. Make sure you back things up! :)

Collaborative Editing is a new feature in v6 so you'll have to completely rework your Proxy to get the editing working again.

Deleted user August 6, 2017

Thanks Steven.

Will run the upgrade in a test environment (as recommended in the release notes) and also backup everything required (config, database) before doing anything in production.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2017

You only need to do iterative updates if directed. Normally it's fine to jump.

The big deal with the Collaborative Editing feature is that there is a second Jetty Webserver that is running the service. Atlassian has tried to make this sort of invisible, but just realize there's another process trying to speak over websockets to clients. You need to account for that when proxying as it's no longer as simple as setting up a simple ProxyPass.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events