Upgrade Confluence from 3.4.8 to 4.3.5 question

uspdev January 28, 2013

I understand that we cannot do a restore of the backup from a 3.4.8 instance to 4.3.5. My question is, is there some type of workaround that exists where I can maybe move to a lower version that will allow the restore to occur?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2013

It's not even a workaround - the official route is "to get on to 4.x, you must export from 3.5". So get your 3.4 to 3.5 and then jump to 4.3

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hello Julian,

Just in addition, to move to a lower version is not possible (I mean move from 4.3.x > 3.5.x - this is not possible). But if you need to restore a backup of a 3.4.8 I would suggest you to install from the scratch a new 3.4.8 and then restore the backup (if it's a XML backup) or if isn't a XML backup you can follow this procedure to build a test instance of your 3.4.8 version:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers

I hope this helps, if you need more assistance please feel free to raise a support ticket at our support.atlassian.com and we will help you.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events