Upgrade Confluence from 2.2.9 and Migrate to another server

Rajesh Kancherla April 6, 2020

Hi Team,

Need help with the process of upgrading Confluence from 2.2.9 to 6.13 at the same time move to another server.

What is the process and how to do this? Can I install a fresh 6.13 version on new server and migrate the content from old version to new?

What is the right approach? Please suggest.

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Ouch. This is likely to be super messy. You might want to work with a partner on this.  It's been a while since we have done one, but we used to a lot of them years ago.  I would expect the most challenging part will be upgrading past 4.0. Be sure to read the docs about the migration to XHTML. Your user macros will likely break and I would expect large amounts of content to not migrate without manual intervention.  Plugins/Add-ons/Apps that use wiki-markup may have special upgrade procedures as well.  I would test this really well and have your content owners approve things before you do this in production. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events