Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 6.5 => 6.13

Andrej Ricnik January 7, 2019

I just upgraded our test-instance from 6.5 => 6.13 using the installer method; the upgrade went swimmingly, I got prompted to start the newly upgraded product, it started fine w/o error messages.

However, nothing seems to be listening on 8443, and Nginx (reverse proxy) consequently gives me a 502 bad gateway.

Can anyone make suggestions regarding what may have gone wrong, and, more importantly, how to make it work?

Kind regards,

Andrej

2 answers

0 votes
Andrej Ricnik January 10, 2019

Fix the installer.  Broken config twice, and a "binary" atlassian-confluence.log 

No resolution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2019

I am stuck.  There is something on your systems that is corrupting the logs so that they look like binary instead of the plain text that Confluence is writing.

I'm afraid you need to identify why your system is doing this, as Confluence is not the problem.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2019

What does the application log say the problem is?  <confluence home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

Nic,

that appears to be a binary file - how do I view that?

Something went seriously belly up.  The older logs of this sort are ASCII. And the install filled up the disk to the brim ... 

I may just roll-back to my last snapshot and try again tomorrow. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2019

Yes, sorry, I went to bed before getting your comment.  That file absolutely should be text, not binary (I'm not saying it's a lot easier to read than binary, as it is usually dense blocks of java error messages).

Worrying that the install filled the disk, I think you're right to roll back, it sounds like something went badly wrong!

Andrej Ricnik January 8, 2019

No worries - thanks for trying (and getting back to me).

So this time I told it NOT to back everything up (after all I have a snapshot), it still created a backup file of 1.4GB size, and mangled the log again ... and still nothing listening on 8443 - I think I'll roll-back again and try with the manual method, the installer seems rather buggy

less atlassian-confluence.log
"atlassian-confluence.log" may be a binary file. See it anyway? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events