Updating HTTPS confluence page via REST API with Python.

I'm looking to write a Python script to automatically update a HTTPS Confluence page. Does anyone have any pointers or references to get me started?

I've looked into using the URLLIB2 library in Python in order to connect to the Confluence page, but i'm struggling to read the page contents back, and edit them

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Ideally, what I am looking to do is update a table on a page with a new value, and if possible, include an image, or change the colour of a cell in the table.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Andrew, 

I believe that you try to use REST calls might be what are you looking for. On the developers.atlassian.com you can find an API with some examples. On the link bellow, you can see an example using python:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+REST+API+Examples#ConfluenceRESTAPIExamples-Addingacommenttoapage(python)

I hope it helps, 

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

447 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you