It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Updating Confluence to most current level from Confluence 5.7.4

Currently we are on old level Confluence 5.7.4 , Need to bring Confluence to most current level. Would appreciate help with steps needed to accomplish this task. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@jovan savin 

Hi Jovan

looking at the upgrade path at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-upgrade-matrix-960695895.html

upgrades from 5.7.4 to version 7.x is supported.

In that case you should refer to the official upgrade documentation available at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html

All the best

Kurt

Kurt,
Need your help with install.
Support Period Your commercial Confluence support and updates are available until Nov 18, 2020
Support Entitlement Number SEN-2133640
Server ID BAX8-OWWZ-KE08-JNJT (Atlassian sales or support may ask you to provide this ID)
The person that was supporting Confluence left.
Can you share the steps you would take to upgrade from 5.7 to 7, I have not done this before would need some guidence
in how to safely acoplish this upgrade. Biggest worry is we have multiple users numerous spaces and pages the largest user is daily BLOG that
technical group uses it spans over number of years begining in 2017. How do I upgrade keeping everything we have so far in order.
Thank You
Jovan Savin
203 430-2272

@jovan savin 

Hi Jovan

i hope that you have a test environment available to test the upgrade procedure itself.

The most important thing before you start the upgrade is to have backups of your filesystems and the database used by confluence.

Afterwards i would check on the installed apps, if they need to get updated or if there are any incompatible ones that should get deactivated.

The upgrade itself is best done by using the installer.

If you had any changes to your configuration (e.g. ssl config of the tomcat connector, you might need to redo these changes after the installation)

All the best

Kurt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,196 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you